Courthouse Information and Rules
The Courthouse is located between Oak and Locust and 12th and 13th. You must enter on the West side (the Oak Street side). You will have to pass through security. See the map below.
You may park on the street or in the city parking garage on the northeast corner of 12th and Oak. DO NOT try to park in the lot on the South side of the building. If you park in the garage, you may need $5 to get out.
You should arrive one half hour before your scheduled argument and go to the floor on which your courtroom is located. DO NOT enter the courtroom until the Bailiff arrives and do not move anything in the Courtroom. Remember that you may not watch any other arguments while you wait.
You MUST follow the Rules below. If we do not, we will lose courtroom privileges!
Thank you for your cooperation.
16th Judicial Circuit Court
RULES FOR COUTROOM USE
1. Permission is granted for use of the courtroom only.
2. You may not use the judge’s chambers or staff offices.
3. You may not use the judge and staff’s private restroom facilities. Restrooms are located near the stairwells on alternating floors. An accessible restroom is available in the Jury Room on the third floor.
4. Do not touch, move, or otherwise disturb any item on the desks in the courtroom including electronic equipment, the court reporters’ equipment, computers, phones and so forth.
5. Do not remove anything from the judge’s bench including the gavel.
6. Absolutely no food or drink is permitted in the courtroom. None. This is not negotiable.
7. Please tidy up the courtroom before leaving.
8. If you or your organization is not able to follow each and every rule above, it may result in the loss of courtroom privileges.