U.S. Federal Government
Directory (LSU) ·
· Searchable list of U.S. agencies and
all branches of U.S. government. Links directly to
agency web site.
Catalog of U.S.
Gov. Publications (GPO Monthly Catalog) ·
· U.S. government is the largest
publisher in the world. Official online catalog of
all publications. Many of documents are now
electronic and may be downloaded directly from the
Miner: List of Classes ·
"List of Classes Link)
· Subject organization of U.S. government
publications. Use in conjunction with
Catalog of U.S.
Provided by U.S. Commerce Department. Provides
links to several important search engines: FirstGov
(searches 30 million U.S. gov. pages);
National Technical Information Service
Federal Government Jobs; and
Subject Lists (Duke Univesity) ·
· Subject organization of federal
information. Links to federal agencies, libraries,
and other sites.
Google Uncle Sam
(federal and state gov. documents only) ·
· Google site dedicated to searching
federal and state government pages.
Congress: Government Publications ·
Library of Congress guide to government and
Moody's Sources for
Agency Searching · http://leep.lis.uiuc.edu/publish/mmoody/lis424/asources.html
· Site is no longer updated but has many
useful suggestions by a prominent government
Michigan Documents Center ·
site for locating government documents and
· Comprehensive site linking to catalogs of
government publications for 32 states. Catalogs are
similar to GPO Catalog.
Institutions & Agencies ·
· Free site provided by Lexis with links to state
governments, agencies, and branches of government.
Findlaw's State Resources site at http://www.findlaw.com/11stategov/index.html.
Foreign Gov. (NWU)
· Comprehensive listing of links to
foreign governments on the web. Provided by
Northwestern University Library.
Guide to Law
Online: Nations of the World (LOC) ·
· Comprehensive guide provided by the
U.S. Law Library of Congress.
UN Official Site
· Official United Nations site.
UN Document Center
· Official site site with links to
various UN branches, the UN Library, the UN
Bibliographic Information System, the Official
Document System, and UN InfoQuest. A research guide
is also available.
EU Official Site
· Gateway to the European Union.
· Official Guide to the various databases
and repositories of EU documents.
· Official web site for EU Documents
Official Journal, treaties, case law,
legislation, proposed legislation, and parliamentary
Legislative Observatory ·
· Monitors new EU legislation.
· Monitors decision making between
various EU institutions, including the Commission
and Secretariat General.
· Access case decisions of The Court of
Justice, Court of First Instance, and Civil Service
Libraries Catalogue (ECLAS) ·
· Catalog for the EU Commission Library.
EU Institutions and
Other Bodies · http://europa.eu/institutions/index_en.htm
Guide to EU agencies and institutions with links to
Other Regional & Global Organizations
Organizations Index (NWU) ·
· Comprehensive site of international and
Guide to Law
Online: Multinational Reference (Law Library of
Congress) · http://www.loc.gov/law/guide/multiref.html
· Includes links to some multinational
and regional organizations. Also includes links to
information and web sites of many foreign